Transformations is pleased to announce three new products have been successfully added to our product offering. The Graydon Series, large in scale, shows off its smooth, straight lines creating a modern look to any lounge or lobby area.
The newest additions can be found on the Graydon page at www.trfurniture.com, in our Hometown Collection.
Click here to register for the most current price list. If you’ve already registered, you will receive an e-mail with our 2011 v1.4 commercial price list very soon!
Stay tuned for more product launches!
Join Transformations at the 2011 Conference of AIMHO, the Association of Intermountain Housing Officers, in beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico. This year’s conference runs from November 6-8, and serves as a forum to collaborate, exchange ideas, receive training, and foster the distribution of professional information related to all phases of college and university housing and food service.
You can register for the conference at the AIMHO website.
Please join us as we make our way out to Topeka, Kansas for the 42nd Annual UMR-ACUHO Conference, November 9-11.
Transformations will be exhibiting at the Capitol Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in the Kansas Expocentre, November 9th from 2:30-10:00pm. Come by, check us out and bring your friends and colleagues!
If you haven’t done so already, you can register now at the UMR-ACUHO website. See you then!
The Responsible Purchasing Network (RPN) is an international network of buyers dedicated to socially responsible and environmentally sustainable purchasing.
10 Steps to Starting a Sustainable Purchasing Program
1. Assemble a Sustainable Purchasing Team
- Identify key players and other resources
- Assign responsibilities
- Get input early from end-users and other stakeholders
- Get support from the top
2. Establish a process for working together
- Create goals, a timeline and a meeting schedule
3. Define the scope of the sustainable procurement initiative(s)
- Target environmental problems to solve under the program
- Review existing policy drivers and practices
- Adopt or revise your Sustainable Procurement Policy, if needed
4. Prioritize contracts to change
- Look for products with greatest impact
- Identify low-hanging fruit (including products for which there are existing specifications, certifications or cooperative purchasing opportunities)
- Determine contract re-bid schedule
5. Research environmentally preferable alternatives
- Evaluate availability, price, environmental attributes and performance of potential substitutes
- Conduct pilot tests with end-users, if desirable or necessary
- Develop a strategy for incorporating environmental considerations into your bid solicitation process
6. Revise bid specifications
- Identify potential vendors of products that meet your specifications and solicit their feedback
- Develop bid specifications, bid forms, and bid evaluation criteria
- Develop contract language for information disclosure, product take-back, packaging requirements, etc.
7. Evaluate bids
- Assess both mandatory requirements and desirable attributes
- Issue new contracts
8. Advertise the availability of sustainable products on new contracts
- Educate using web sites, “list serves”, purchasing bulletins, EPP guides
- Publicize through Cooperative Purchasing Programs
- Inform end-users about existing environmental policies and goals
- Encourage vendors to educate and market environmental goods and services
9. Get feedback from end-users
- Address problems as soon as they arise
10. Track and publicize successes
- Quantify economic and environmental benefits
- Celebrate and reward participants!
- Identify obstacles and additional work to be done
You can find more information about the Responsible Purchasing Network at the RPN website. You may also want to look over the information below about how Transformations Furniture can help you take some giant strides toward renewability.
Designed For The Dump
Don’t Settle For Renew-ISH
Take The Challenge (video)
Green Innovation Award
WHAT ARE you doing October 26th through the 28th? Transformations Furniture will be exhibiting at the 41st Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Mid-Atlantic Association of College University Housing Officers October 26th through the 28th.
Please join us in Reading, PA, as we support MACUHO and their dedication to provide information to College Campus Housing Officers and their support team regarding leadership, operation and renovation.
For more information, visit www.macuho.org and check out the Conference/Meetings page for details!